2012-04-23

Potato Salad for a Crowd



Hello!!! The weather has changed a bit here in Toronto and it’s rather cold. I hope it won’t last too many days. Last week I went for a walk with Kosta (my son) in the neighborhood and I got some beautiful spring pictures, you can see them at the end of the post..
Today I have another recipe that I made for that barbecue party. It’s a fantastic potato salad without mayonnaise but with yogurt and cream cheese instead.. Use your boundt cake pan, make it ahead and relax..   It’s perfect for a crowd and soooo delicious!!

Ingredients (for a boundt cake pan)

5 - 7  potatoes
Salt - Pepper
10 slices smoked ham cut into small pieces
6 green onions, chopped white and tender green part
2 tablespoons chopped dill
1 sweet red pepper into small pieces
1/3 cup chopped pickles
2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and chopped
For sauce
150 g cream cheese
6 tablespoons of yoghurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
A pinch of sugar
1 tablespoon mustard
Salt - Pepper

How to make

 Rinse the potatoes, put them in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and when it comes to a boil lower the heat and simmer about 15-20 minutes until tender.
Drain and let cool. Peel them and cut them into pieces. Transfer to a bowl.
Add the ham, spring onions, dill, bell pepper, the chopped pickles and capers. Mix the ingredients well and add salt and pepper.
Using a bowl mix the yogurt with olive oil and lemon, add the cream cheese, mustard and continue whisking until the sauce is ready and smooth. Taste for seasoning and pour over the potato salad. Toss and mix well. Cover the inside of your boundt cake with plastic wrap and using a big spoon, add the potato salad. Cover on top with more plastic wrap and place the potato salad in the fridge overnight.
When you are ready to serve, remove the upper plastic wrap, turnover your boundt pan and remove the remained plastic wrap.



Enjoy!!!

Pictures of Spring


Here we are!!!!


Have a wonderful week!!!

35 comments:

  1. What a brilliant use of potato salad and an bundt. I'm definitely going to use this idea for an early summer party we are planning. Thanks Eri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you will not regret it Sports!

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of molding the salad in the bundt pan. It looks so pretty and I am sure the salad taste wonderful. Thanks for sharing all those lovely pictures with us. My forsythia is done now but I get to see yours. Nice pic of your son and you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Biren, Enjoy your garden, spring is beautiful!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for following me :) following back, Happy to be here:)
    xoxo
    http://sreebindu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome SreeBindu! thank you for visitng!

      Delete
  4. Έχεις ένα βραβειάκι από εμένα!!! Πέρνα να το πάρεις!!!http://beautystr.blogspot.com/2012/04/kreativ-blogger-award-blog-sissis-place.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. delicious looking salad and pictures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous spring photos!!! And your potato salad looks marvelous...the sauce sounds wonderful (and a nice change from the typical mayo used around here :)).

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great potato salad and I love the presentation. It certainly looks like spring as arrived with all those beautiful blooms. I hope the weather warms up for you as a salad like this is perfect for the bbq season xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found out your blog and I can't wait to try out your recipes!

    http://thescentofglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting and welcome my friend!

      Delete
  9. Your potato salad sounds great...a whole meal by itself. And what a clever idea to form it in a bundt pan. I think everyone will use that idea when having a party. It is much prettier than in a bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your potato salad looks so flavorful and beautifully presented. Love the photographs. Have a great week Eri.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea for feeding a crowd! Looks delicious - I love potato salad, could eat it every day! Looks like spring is spraining in Toronto - beautiful! Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Chris! I'm a potato girl too... I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete
  12. I love your potato salad presentation, looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some really great spring photos!
    The salad looks very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely photos! the salad looks delicious and I love the presentation, it's different and looks great

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all I love your picture with your son! Really cute photo! I've never seen a potato salad that's not in a bowl or plate! This is such an unexpected way to serve potato salad and I LOVE IT!!!! I'm a big potato salad fan. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much my sweet Nami. try this salad it's amazing!

      Delete
  16. I have never made potato salad with yogurt and cream cheese before. It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm posting a potato salad recipe later today! I love yours with yogurt - yum. And great presentation idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great way to serve potato salad for a crowd! I love the presentation and how you used yogurt and cream cheese instead of mayonnaise!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis