2012-01-23

Exotic Seafood and Coconut Chowder



 Have a nice week my friends! The first month of the new year is almost over! Time flies and if you think about it, Spring is just around the corner!
Today I have a non Greek recipe for you, an exotic seafood chowder with leeks, shrimp, fish fillet and coconut milk!
I'm telling you this soup is fast, really easy to make and beyond delicious!

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 leeks, rinsed and cut into slices
2 tablespoons flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 / 2 cup coconut milk
500 g large shrimp peeled and deveined
250 g fish fillet (I use Tilapia) cut into chunks
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
Zest of half a lime or lemon
1 or 2 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt - Pepper


How to make

Place a saucepan over medium heat and add the olive oil with the butter. Once the butter melts, add the leeks and stir until soften, about 4 minutes.
Add the flour, spreading it with a spoon in the pot and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add the broth, stir, add the coconut milk and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
Add the shrimp, fish, tarragon,the zest and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes until the seafood and fish are cooked through.
Add some salt and pepper and before serving add the lemon juice.

Enjoy!!

23 comments:

  1. OMG, this sounds incredibly delicious. I'm sure the coconut milk takes the flavor of this dish over the top. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Τhank you Vicki, you know I'm not a fun of coconut but this soup is delicious!

      Delete
  2. delicious looking flavourful chowder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum Eri! This looks incredible - and if I close my eyes I can almost taste the deliciousness! I LOVE soups with coconut milk - I'm making one myself this week. That flavor adds so much depth, like I said YUM! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Chris, thank you, oh I cant wait to see your coconut soup!

      Delete
  4. Πολυ ωραιο φαίνεται Eri.
    Οι γαρίδες μου αρέσουν, έτσι ομολογώ δεν τις έχω φάει. Πολύ ενδιαφέρουσα συνταγή.

    Φιλιά

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Δοκίμασέ την μάριον, είναι πολύ νόστιμη!

      Delete
  5. wow i love anything with coconut milk.
    this looks delish.
    thank you for sharing.
    cant wait to try it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting! You must try the soup it is really good!

      Delete
  6. I saw the coconut and said to myself...have I missed something about Greek food. ;-)

    Seriously, though I'm all for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha! Thank you Sportsglutton!

      Delete
  7. OMG, this is exactly the kind of soup we love around here! Have pinned it to save it for future reference - the next time I need a quick and delicious meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that you like it Heather! Hugs!

      Delete
  8. Hi Eri,
    This looks so wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Eri,this sounds amazing!All the right ingredients in one bowl!It's gonna be a winner in my house!! Have a great day,XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my sweet Hara! Kisses!

      Delete
  10. I love chowders specially the seafood variant but never with coconut milk, I know I have to try this soon, it looks so good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant believe that you've never tried a soup with seafood and coconut before! You have to do it Reymund! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  11. Good evening.
    Nice I found your wonderful blog! I like your recipes very much-very good work!- I added your blog to my blog list.
    If you wish, visit my new food blog:
    http://helengrtravelling.blogspot.com

    Hope to be good blogging friends! Helen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Helen, thank you so much for visiting my blog! I'm coming!

      Delete
  12. Ohhh my! This looks absolutely my kind of chowder. Coconut is so versatile and I really love this ingredient in the chowder. Very rich and creamy. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis