2012-08-27

Wine Braised Chicken with Mushrooms and Tarragon



 Hello there! Last week of August. seems like summer is almost over.. Even if the weather is still summery and warm, we have things to do that are bringing us back to reality, back to routine.
The sure thing is that cooking will make me feel a little better, I'm holding my spoons and knifes and waiting for winter to come!   
Today I have a very flavorful and simple dish that I hope you will love. It's on the comfort side but I think we need it these days. I hope you'll like it!

Ingredients (4 people)

3 tablespoons olive oil
500 g chicken thighs bone in 
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 package mushrooms approximately 15 to 20 mushrooms cut in half
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup dry white wine
2 tomatoes, cut into pieces
1 tablespoon tarragon ( you can substitute with thyme curt or a Provençale mix )
1 cup chicken broth or water (you may need a little more)
Salt - Pepper 
1 tablespoon mustard
1 packet broad noodles

How to make

Rinse and wipe dry the chicken thighs using a paper towel. 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place a dutch oven or any ovenproof pot over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot add the chicken and let it develop a nice crust before turning over. When the chicken is golden brown on both sides remove it from the pot and set aside. 
In the same pot, add the onion and when it’s soft add the garlic. Add salt and pepper, stir briefly and add the mushrooms.


Stir for 2-3 minutes and shift the flour. Stir for a moment or two and deglaze by adding the wine. Scrub all the little tiny bits of flavor stuck to the bottom of the pot and add the tomatoes and tarragon. Return the chicken to the pan, stir and add broth until the liquid reaches approximately the height of the ingredients. Stir, cover with lid and bake for 15 minutes, then remove the lid and continue baking for 10 more minutes until the sauce is thick and.. well saucy..
Meanwhile prepare the noodles by boiling them in water according to directions.
Add the mustard to the pot with the chicken, stir to combine all together and finally add the noodles. You’re ready to serve!!



Enjoy!!!!

17 comments:

  1. This dish looks very delicious and beautiful. It will be a stunning dish for entertaining.

    Your blog is amazing. Following you now for more of your delicious cooking :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great dish no matter what the temperature is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eri,
    What stunning photographs and presentation! Makes me want to just grab it , from here. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to have found you! I love simple, comforting Mediterranean dishes! I could just imagine how wonderful your kitchen smelled after cooking this meal! Looks so very tender using the thighs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, I can't believe summer is almost over, it went by so soon. Sadly, I'm looking out my window now and it's cold and grey, ugh.
    This looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect dish for the fall season. Comfort 101. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving the flavors...very delicious meal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds delicious!! I love fall but don't want winter to come. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so delicious n lovely presentation...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always feel so sad when we come to the end of summer. Just love the look of this dish. What a wonderful meal. The flavours must be incredible xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eri, I'm so with you in anticipating cooler weather! This dinner looks wonderful. Am I invited? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, boy, does this look outstanding!!! And I bet the kitchen smelled amazing while this was cooking with the chicken, wine and herbs. I hope to try this out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm 110% sure that this dish will be my favorite. I also remembered that my pantry is missing dried tarragon, and I wanted to buy it for a long time which I fail to remember! I've used fresh tarragon and I loved it. I need to stock it up and cook this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh....pollo con champiñones es lo más exquisito luce asombroso me encanta,es un gran plato,abrazos hugs,hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis