2012-06-04

Thracian Eggplant Salad



Hello there! Did someone miss me? We had a short break but now we're back on track and today I have a great Summer salad for you. I f you're having a barbecue please throw one big eggplant in the grill and make this delicious smoky salad. It will disappear the moment it hits the table.. Actually I think you may need to make at least two of them..

Ingredients (for one salad)

1 large eggplant
1 tomato, chopped into small pieces
120 g crumbled feta cheese
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tbsp capers chopped (optional)
Salt - Pepper


How to make


If you're using an oven preheat to 420 degrees. Using a fork, dock throughout the eggplant and bake for 45 minutes until soft enough.
If you're using a grill,  grill the eggplant until the flesh is blackened and the eggplant become tender.
Set the eggplant on a cutting board to drop the temperature so you can handle it.
Do not cut the stem, the stem will help you peel the eggplant.


 Peel the eggplant, season with salt and pepper and place it in a serving plate.
Add the the tomatoes, garlic, capers, feta cheese and parsley. Drizzle the salad with olive oil, vinegar and serve.



Enjoy!

17 comments:

  1. We love eggplant, this looks wonderful! Hugs and wishes for a beautiful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eri,
    The photograph is making me want to just grab this wonderful dish.I love all the flavors of this dish. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing. Huge eggplant lover but always struggle for new ideas. This one works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed you!!! Glad you're back and everything is okay. This looks great, Eri. We love eggplant in this house - I just planted four.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eri! I'm glad you visited my blog :) And now I found yours, with lovely recipes, thanks! Have a great day!
    -Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Short break but I did not see your posts on my dashboard from long time. I though you were taking a break. Glad to see you back.

    I love eggplants and if you have not checked my posts do check one of my eggplant one.
    I like the way you have presented the roasted eggplant with feta cheese and drizzled with red wine vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like grilled eggplant this looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed you! I hope you had a lovely break and good to have you back. I love grilled eggplant and cooked whole like this and then served with tomatoes and fetta would be sensational and so good for you. This is a great salad! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this recipe! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have only had eggplant maybe once or twice ever? I don't know why, I really enjoyed it. But this looks so tasty, I've got to start buying more eggplants!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Υπέροχη, νοστιμότατη, γρήγορη σαλάτα!! Κι αναρωτιόμουν που είχες χαθεί! χιχι! Φιλιά!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love cooking eggplant this way, it brings out the flavour in them specially when its grilled under a charcoal

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm making this tomorrow - it sounds fantastic and there is the most wonderful fresh market right near my daughter's house - I saw gorgeous eggplant there today so I will be heading back - this sounds amazing!
    I did miss you Eri, checked your sight a few times and though you must be very busy! Welcome back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love grilling eggplant as it gives such a nice smoky flavor. Your salad sounds terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love eggplant! This salad looks so fresh and healthy and gorgeous. I particularly like grilled eggplants so this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Eri! And surprisingly we have a similar dish (but Japanese seasonings) just like that. We grill the eggplant on top of gas, but I need to try your oven cooking method next time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis