2012-06-06

Peanut Butter and Jam Thumbprint Cookies with Chocolate Glaze



I just love these cookies! They are so easy to make with the right balance between sweetness and nuttiness.  My son loves them and I think that this is one of the most convenient recipes for you to try. They are fail proof!

Ingredients

1 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
100 ml orange juice
1/2 cup  all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour 
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup jam of your choice (I used strawberry)
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips 


How to make

Using a bowl mix flour with the baking powder.
In a separate bowl, beat using a hand mixer at medium speed the peanut butter with the sugar until fluffy, add the orange juice and gradually add the flour mixture.
Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. 
When ready to bake preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Take an amount of dough and mold into balls with your hands, then place it in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.

Press with your finger in the center to make a little well and add ½ a teaspoon of jam.


Bake for 15 minutes.
When ready, leave then on the baking tray for 2 minutes, then transfer them to cool on a rack.
If you want them more crispy double bake them, let them cool the first time and then bake them for 8 minutes more.


Melt some chocolate in double boiler, transfer lukewarm in a bag, cut the tip and decorate the cold cookies.



 Enjoy!

17 comments:

  1. Peanut butter and jam...a classic combo. These thumbprints look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummm ..yumm..count me in for one or more :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cookies look awesome Eri, reminds me of a neighbourhood bakery where they did jam cookies which looked like these with the jam in the middle...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are classic cookies indeed! Looks so good and perfect for anytime crunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mouth IMMEDIATELY began watering as soon as I saw that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! These look perfect! I have never thought about making a COOKIE out of the classic sandwich! I love it! Especially the chocolate drizzle on top, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have wanted to make these for so long. Interesting with the OJ as well. I will have to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Easy and delicious!! Σίγουρα θα τη δοκιμάσω!! Έφτιαξα και μαρμελάδα φράουλα και θα πηγαίνει τέλεια!!! Δεν έχω φυστικοβούτυρο αλλιώς θα τα έφτιαχνα τώρα αμέσως!! Φιλιά!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've made thumbprint cookies with my husband's cousin once for her fund raising. It was fun! We should have drizzled chocolate! That would have been even more popular! These are addicting, hard to stop eating once you start!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous looking cookies! I think these would be sensational as peanut butter, chocolate and jam go so well together. Very pretty too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very yummy n tasty cookies

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these cookies too! They are soo good and yours look really good with the chocolate drizzle. I roll mine in coconut.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple and yes they look fail proof, will give this a shot

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are some of my favorite kind of cookies - they always looks so pretty without a lot of effort! Love your chocolate drizzle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy to be here, dear eri!!!

    τι ωραία που τα φτιάχνεις!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yumm!! I make thumbprint cookies during the holidays. But these look perfect! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis