2012-04-16

Mediterranean Spiced Chicken with Avocado Dip



 So.. Greek Easter is over, we had a blast this weekend, and I also had the time to attend to a Thai Demo Cooking event that I enjoyed so much! Saturday Thai cooking Dinner and Sunday Greek Easter Feast!.. Thank God for all these lovely gatherings.
Today I have a non-Greek Recipe for you guys but we'll stay in the  Mediterranean area, Morocco actually. Although the fresh avocado dip isn’t typically Moroccan, it really complements the chicken in an amazing way.. It's super easy to make and I can assure you that you will fall in love..

Idea from the new Cookbook Jamie Oliver’s Food Escapes

Ingredients (4 people)

500 gr boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-sized chunks
Marinade
A thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 tablespoon hot paprika
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ground coriander
3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and Pepper
Avocado Dip
2 ripe avocados
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 fresh green chile deseeded and finely chopped
A small bunch of fresh cilantro and flat parsley mixed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
4 pitas to serve
1 lemon cut into wedges

How to make

Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl, toss the chicken chunks until coated, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
When you are almost ready to cook the chicken, make the avocado dip. Halve the avocados and spoon the flesh into a bowl. Add all the other dip ingredients and mash with a fork until it gets smooth ot rustic and crunchy, it’s up to you. Check the seasoning and set aside.
Place a skillet over medium to high heat and when the pan is hot, add the chicken with the marinade. Cook for 15 – 20 minutes until the chicken is done.
Serve with the dip, pitas, sweet potato oven fries and a fresh tomato salad.


Enjoy and have a wonderful week!

14 comments:

  1. OMG, that looks like an incredible meal. This would be loved by all at my place. So healthy and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie can be a great inspiration and this looks like a perfect meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a great idea! Instead of giving recipes, why don't you just come and cook for us! Every day! We will be appreciative. I promise! :) Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvelous meal!!! I could happily eat that avocado dip with a spoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious. When avocados are involved, count me in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delicious meal! Love everything on the plate, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks so darned good !
    thank you very much for sharing..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a really yummy looking dinner. I love everything you have presented. Very delicious xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE anything avocado - this looks so fresh and yummy. And there is nothing like Moroccan inspired chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the only recipe that I know that combines chicken and avocadoes are Chicken enchiladas, this is new for me and definitely worth a try, i love the spice mix on the chicken

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, Eri - this looks like just my kind of dinner - fresh, simple, delicious! I love all those flavors in your marinade, can't wait to try this one! In fact, I'm pulling some chicken out of the freezer right now! Thanks sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This marinade sounds so good. This is a perfect dinner plate. Light and healthy and really nice flavorful! I'm envious you had fun foodie events! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with Foodgawker!! Always nice to see you are still around!
    My best wishes
    (an old friend from Brussels:-))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis