2012-03-05

Vegan Cinnamon - Orange Cake




Hello there friends, so here we are at last, on the first month of the desirable Spring!
Today I have a vegan but so delicious recipe for you, traditionally Greeks are making this "pie" during the season of lent. Its simple and I'm sure that you're going to love it!

Ingredients

1 cup oil, light olive oil or canola oil
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup orange juice
The zest of one orange
1 cup all purpose
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
A pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Icing sugar and ground cinnamon for decorating

How to make

Use a bowl and mix the flours with the baking powder, the baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In another bowl mix together the raisins, nuts, chocolate chips and add 1 tablespoon of flour.
Using an electric mixer beat together the oil and sugar. Add the zest and orange juice.
Gradually add the flour mixture and last add the nuts, raisins and chocolate.
Grease a round baking pan (24 cm) and pour the batter in.
Bake the cake for 45 -50 minutes.
Let the pie inside the pan for 10 minutes to cool and then remove it form the pan.
Sift the icing sugar on top of the cake and using a stencil make whatever shape you like.
Sift cinnamon and icing sugar on top and round the stencil to finish it.



Enjoy!!!

23 comments:

  1. I normally don't do vegan stuff, but I might just make an exception in this case. Please don't tell anyone though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you know, I dont eat Vegan stuff often.. But this cake is super!

      Delete
  2. such a cute cake! And I am so happy that it is vegan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eri,this cake has always been one of my favorites!Very flavorful,very fragrant!!XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Xara!! hugs!

      Delete
  4. Eri, you've got some wonderful flavors going on here and it looks so pretty with the heart, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my sweet Chris!

      Delete
  5. Eri, you've got some wonderful flavors going on here and it looks so pretty with the heart, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love orange cake...this looks awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it Suchi! thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. Finding a great recipe for a vegan cake is quite a challenge but you seem to have the perfect recipe. What a beautiful looking cake and I love how you decorated it with the heart! It's morning tea time here and I would love a slice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we were more close I'd sent you one!! Thank you for visiting my friend!

      Delete
  8. How adorable to put a big heart on the cake! So pretty! I'm not a cake expert so even though I look at the recipe, I can't quite guess how it's like (I can sort of do it for cooking but somehow not baking), but I love the finish look on this cake! Must be delicious with cinnamon and orange flavor in there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really easy Nami, dont worry about it! Hugs!

      Delete
  9. So glad I hopped over here from Favorite Things hop! I have all the ingredients to make this- and it can be gluten free! Yay! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for visiting empty Nester!

      Delete
  10. oh how yummy you had me at cinnamon! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis