2012-03-08

Simple and Delicious Chicken and Bacon Souvlaki




Can you go wrong? Today I have a simple delicious souvlaki for you, one of my favorite fast food that is very common in Greece.
It's really easy to make it at home, get some pita breads from the grocery store and prepare your Saturday feast!
I can see the enthusiasm!

Ingredients (6 skewers)

3 to 4 chicken fillets cut into bite sized pieces
12 slices bacon, cut in the middle
1 red pepper cut into pieces
1 green pepper, cut into pieces
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon mustard
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper


How to make

Soak the sticks in water for 30 minutes before use.
Using a bowl mix the honey with the mustard, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper.
Add the chicken pieces, stir and put the bowl in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Preheat the oven to 395 degrees.


Cover the chicken pieces with bacon and thread the skewers through the pepper piece, then the bacon wrapped chicken pieces, continue with another piece of pepper and so on.


I think that 4 pieces of bacon wrapped chicken pieces for one skewer is a good portion.
Bake for 30 - 35 minutes turning them once in 20 minutes.


Serve and Enjoy!

18 comments:

  1. These look delicious. What a great meal and so healthy and good for you. The marinade on the chicken sounds delicious and what a good idea with the bacon! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it Hotly Spiced!

      Delete
  2. Awww Eri,now I REALLY wanna have a BBQ..Very tasty souvlaki,desperately hoping we'll be firing the grill in no time..XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much my sweet Xara! :)

      Delete
  3. This is very nice. Quick and delicious recipe. I'm particularly interested in the marinade. The mustard and honey? Hmm delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it Nami, the kids will love it too!

      Delete
  4. Served on the pita...looks like perfection to me. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drool, drool, drool, I didn't know how hungry I was a until a clicked to your blog! I love that these can be made so quickly and would be so adaptable, very cool and very delicious looking! - they will be on the menu sometime in the next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try them, tell me if you liked them Chris!

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love souvlaki and the only thing that could make it better is bacon. This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely presentation Eri looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. You cant go wrong with bacon, I think I can eat a dozen of those :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do that too Reymund! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  9. Absolutely fantastic post ... From recipe to photos, all are wonderful !!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis