2012-03-26

Shrimp, Leek and Spinach Soufflé


How I love this time of year. I feel like everything is blooming and everything is different. The herbs and greens seem to be full of life and aromas.
Today I have a beautiful spring soufflé with spinach, leeks, dill and shrimp.
It's a perfect light appetizer. Enjoy with a glass of white wine!
You can substitute shrimp with smoked salmon pieces..

Ingredients (8 people)

1 pound fresh spinach
5 chopped leeks (white and tender green part)
4 spring onions, chopped (white and tender green part)
3 tablespoons chopped dill
400 g Greek Anthotyro Cheese (you can use light ricotta instead)
100 g crumbled feta cheese
16 large shrimp peeled and deveined
2 eggs
200 ml milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt - Pepper

How to make

Blanch the spinach for a few minutes in boiling water, drain and place in bowl.
Place a skillet over medium heat; add the olive oil and when hot add the leeks and onions. Sauté for 5 minutes until soften. Sprinkle with dill, salt and pepper, remove from skillet and add to the bowl with the spinach.
Preheat oven to 350.
Add the shrimp, anthotyro cheese and crumbled feta. Stir; beat the eggs with the milk and pour over the mixture with spinach and shrimp.
Pour the whole mixture in a baking bowl - pan or divide into ramekins.
Bake for 40 minutes. (If using individual ramekins bake for 25 - 30 minutes)
Allow to cool slightly before serving.



25 comments:

  1. What a great recipe. That looks amazing. I love the spinach, leek and cheese combination xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eri, I love everything about this, the leeks, the shrimp, the cheeses, yum! What a lovely lunch or light dinner this would make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Chris, it's a nice spring dish!

      Delete
  3. Hi Eri - this looks like a great recipe for an Easter lunch - you could skip the seafood and make it a vegetarian option if you needed one (as I always do for my daughter-in-law).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eri,
    I love the shrimp, dill , spinach and leeks in here. So much flavor. It must taste divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Asmita, you have to try it!

      Delete
  5. what a great recipe eri..i immediately thought easter too like heather..i can't wait to make it..i might do a test run first..just for research purposes of course.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you my friend, tell me how it went!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring and fall are the best times of year. Spring in particular always make me feel alive. Having this souffle and more wine would probably produce the same reaction in me though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so right! Everything is coming back to life!
      haha, for sure!!!

      Delete
  8. Hi Eri!! Yuuuuum! I really love this recipe! First of all I love all ingredients that are listed. I have never made something like this. Cheesy gooey deliciousness! I can eat it right now! Not "can", I "WANT" it!!!! Saving recipe~~~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my sweet Nami, try it, I know that you’ll like it!
      I feel a lifted spirit Nami, is it the trip to Japan?

      Delete
  9. I also love this time of year! This soufflé is just incredible! These ingredients are totally making me swoon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katherine, you have to try it!

      Delete
  10. Of this looks divine. happy to be your newest linky follower Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katherine, and welcome!

      Delete
  11. I love this time of year too! This souffle looks totally delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like an awesome recipe. Since we are still in Lent I think I might make it tomorrow for dinner! Stopping by from the "Linky Follower Party" hop! You can find me at www.lucasandmahina.com!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy--that looks awesome.

    I wanted to ask everyone if they would share the Linky Follower party on facebook so we get lots of new followers--after all it benefits all of us.

    xoxo,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  14. Found you on the Its So Very Cheri Blog Hop and I am glad I did. I love your recipes and can't wait to try them. I have never really cooked Greek:) I am now following you on Linky Followers and would love a follow back.

    Evelyn@
    http://myturn-evelyn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this looks great - I've never eaten Greek food either but I just might have to give it a try! I found your site on the blog hop on Rosie Sweet Home and I'm your newest follower and would love a follow back!
    Thanks and hugs -
    Carol @
    http://cdm-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! This looks wonderful! Found you on Cheri's blog hop, and am your newest follower, will you follow me back?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis