2012-02-03

Olive Oil Chocolate Chip and Nut Cookies





Boy do I have something healthy and delicious for you today! You must try these cookies made with olive oil and do not be afraid they are indeed delicious!
Another thing is that yesterday was the Groundhog day (it was the first time that I saw this custom besides the movie)  and the little creature predict early spring! Well that's good if you ask me but where's the winter ??? Anyways, I love Spring more than anything so, I'll be happy when it comes..

Ingredients (20 to 24 biscuits)

1/2 cup olive oil (125 ml)
4 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1 egg
2 tbsp cinnamon
juice and zest of one orange
half teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup nuts into small pieces

How to make

Using a bowl mix together the sugar and honey with olive oil and then add the egg. Whisk and add the cinnamon, orange zest, juice and stir.
Add the oats, nuts, chocolate, and finally the flour mixed with the salt and baking powder.
You' ll have a sticky dough. Put the dough in the fridge for an hour.
When ready to bake, preheat the oven in 350 degrees.
Use a spoon and add round portions of the dough in a baking sheet covered with parchement paper. Press the dough balls with the spoon to flatten.
Bake for 12 minutes. When ready, let them cool on a rack.


Enjoy and have a great Weekend!!



32 comments:

  1. another yummy recipe, Eri. And a lot healthier than the traditional recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather, you've got to try them!

      Delete
  2. Dear Eri,
    Hello and welcome to my blog - I'm so glad that you stopped by!I love the name of your blog - it is so catchy!And so are your lovely recipes. I see that you live in Toronto - I used to live near Toronto a couple of years back and have lovely memories:)Greek food has always been a favorite with me and I look forward to learning more about Greek food from you - joining you happily!About the cutlets, you can definitely bake them in the oven - just smear the baking tin with some oil or butter and the cutlets should be done fine.You can also pan fry if you want to avoid the deep-frying.Any way you try it, it tastes awesome!Have a lovely weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sudha for visiting and thank you so much for the info about beet cutlets!

      Delete
  3. Oh...look at those beautiful cookies. I'm definitely going to have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you wondering where your winter is? We're wondering where are summer is. Nothing but grey skies, rain, flooding and cold days here in Sydney. What is going on? I love how you have packaged your cookies - they look incredible. Great recipe. I'm sure the olive oil makes them very moist and chewy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the weather is changing like the world does.. Thank you so much for visiting, I love your blog and writing! :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing a healthier version of one of my favorite cookies. Love your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! These look so good! I've bookmarked them to make soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant thank you enough Katherine, you're such a treasure! Hugs!

      Delete
  7. These sound WONDERFUL! Just found your blog and cannot wait to read post after post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Holly for visiting!

      Delete
  8. Great recipe! Those cookies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cookies! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much my sweet Elpiniki!

      Delete
  10. I never had tried using olive oil in cookies before, what a great idea I am sure this will make it chewier and soft compared to normal ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I cant say they are chewier.. but they are delicious!! Thank you Reymund!

      Delete
  11. These look so delicious. I am sure my children would adore them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course nickname is cookie monster, so I would eat the whole batch. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha cookie monster it is! Thank you so much my friend!

      Delete
  13. Please, visit my blog, there is a surprise for you!

    http://helengrtravelling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eri, these look wonderful. I make an apple cake with olive oil and it is surprising how delicious it is, I bet these are the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris, yes it is true olive oil can go with desserts! Thank you my friend!

      Delete
  15. This is my first year learning about groundhog too as my Kindergartener learned it from school. I was like what??? what are you talking about... I'm learning things from 5 years old nowadays! Now these cookies are looking good and healthy! Love you put lots of nuts and chocolate. Looks crunchy which is always my favorite type of cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is'nt that cute! I love learning new things and customs! Thank you for visting my sweet Nami!

      Delete
  16. These sound great!

    I am giving you the Liebster award. http://sweettwistoffate.blogspot.com/2012/02/gluten-free-pear-bread.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis