2012-01-20

Orange - Spice Cocoa



 I really enjoy this period of my life, that I have the chance to stay home with my son. I know that it's not going to last long enough so I'm trying to enjoy it even more.. I love standing with him in front of the window watching the snow. He's begging me to take a sip or two of my favorite cocoa drink.. Well.. the weekend is almost here and the weather is cold so I think this is the perfect timing for sharing this recipe. Go ahead and feel the warmth..!

Ingredients for 2 mugs

2 cups milk
1 tablespoon cocoa
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon grated dark chocolate
1 / 3 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 / 3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
100 g whipped cream
The zest of 1 / 3 orange

How to make

Using a saucepan over low heat add the milk and simmer.
Using a bowl mix the cocoa with sugar, dark chocolate, cardamom and cinnamon.
Beat the whipped cream with an electric mixer yntil soft peaks are formed. Fold the zest into the cream.
Add the cocoa micture to the milk and whisk until smooth.
Divide the cocoa among cups, top with the whipped cream and  decorate on top with a little more zest and grated chocolate.


Have a wonderful Weekend!!!

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful sounding combination of flavor for cocoa. Have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what we need on a cold winter day like this!! It's -12C here at noon!! Yikes.

    And you are so lucky to be able to stay home with your son - it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today the weather is warmer Heather although it's always a good time for a hot cocoa!

      Delete
  3. lovely combination I haven't added orange to it before looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds perfect on a cold icy night like we're having tonight. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Vicki! Thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  5. these days with your son are definitely a treasure! Cherish each one as they will go by so fast! Your cocoa looks like the perfect winter treat - I love chocolate and orange together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this is so true my dear Chris, thank you so much!

      Delete
  6. Hi Eri,it's been a while since I last visited,I've missed all the goodies you've been posting..Starting with the always so comforting "cup of cocoa" you've made I'll go back and check all your recipes..:)Cocoa is so good after a snow day,hope you keep enjoying the precious time with your son!XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back Xara, thank you so much!

      Delete
  7. I love the bit of orange in this cocoa, what a wonderful flavor it must add!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yew Katherine, try it, it's a wonderfull combination!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis