2012-01-15

Hummus with Camelina Oil and... is it going to be a good year??





























Ingredients

1 can of chickpeas (430 gr)
2 gloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
3 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt - Pepper
Approximately 1/2 cup Camelina Oil
Pitta Breads for serving

How to make

Add in a blender or food processor the chickpeas, garlic, cumin, turmeric, lemon juice, salt and pepper and whiz until it all comes together. Add the oil gradually until you have a nice smooth texture of hummus. Serve with grilled pitta breads.

Enjoy!


Thank you so much Akheela, you brought me luck that I never had...

Last week I had a package in my mailbox.. I had no idea what it was and who was the sender..Weird..!
Anyway, I dont think that anyone wants me dead or something..(nobody knows me here..)
So I went brave and opened it... and here's what I found...


 The all new cookbook of Jamie Oliver - Jamie Oliver's Food Escapes!!
I started laughing all by my self because I remembered that I took part on a giveaway on Food Network Canadas Website!!!! I won and I never knew about it!!
The excitement went on because the first time I opened it, I came across pictures from Greece!!!


In this cookbook Jamie is traveling to  Spain, Italy, Sweden, Morocco, Greece and France!
What more can I ask?  I absolutely loved it, it's brilliant, with great recipes and lovely pictures from the Mediterranean..


Thank you Food Network Canada!!!

18 comments:

  1. Wow that is a good hummus recipe, I never tried camelina oil before but if you said it has some nutty flavour to it, that must be good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can find some Camelina oil, try it my friend, thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Love Jamie Oliver!!! Never heard of camelina oil, but you have me intrigued, Eri. Can I make the hummus with regular olive oil too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Heather, you can use lovely extra virgin olive oil..! Thank you so much for your frequent visits!

      Delete
  3. Wow you're on a lucky streak!! Congrats!! I've never heard of camellia oil but I'm totally intrigued and your hummus looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much my sweet Katherine. I'm hoping that the lucky star will last..

      Delete
  4. My wife and I love making homemade hummus. So much better than anything from the store. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sure is healthier too, thank you so much Sportsgluton for your frequent visits!

      Delete
  5. Hi Eri,
    Hummus is a favorite at my place. I buy tons of it from the grocery store. Thanks for sharing this recipe , will just make it at home. Looks yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asmita it is so easy to make, you dont have to buy it, you can use dry chickpeas also, saok them in water overnight, boil them until tender and then continue with the recipe.. You can also add some tahini in the food processor.. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Cool, looks like a great cookbook!! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Meg, it is a very good cookbook! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the cookbook - what a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah, I absolutely loved it!

      Delete
  8. You are on a good roll, Eri! I hope the blessings just keep coming your way! Your hummus looks delish and that cookbook will be so much fun - I love Jamie Oliver!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love Jamie Oliver! What a nice surprise. =) I've never heard of Camelina Oil but will check supermarkets around here. I didn't know hummus is so easy to make! Wow I'm shocked! I should make my own hummus!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis