2011-12-09

Easy Puff pastry pinwheels filled with feta cheese and sesame seeds


Feta Cheese and Sesame



How are you my friends? Weekend is almost here, the weather is getting colder and holidays are coming closer!
Today I have an easy but delicious appetizer.  You can fill the pinwheels with any ingredients that you like.


Ingredients (12 pinwheels)

1 piece puff pastry
1/2 cup shredded cheese (gouda, cheddar, monterey jack)
150 g grated feta cheese
1 heaped teaspoon Oregano
2 tablespoons sesame seeds


How to make 

Let the puff pastry thaw inside the fridge over night or remove it from the freezer 2 hours before preparation.
Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
Unroll the pastry and spread the cheese, feta, sprinkle with oregano and black pepper. Cover with cheese the 3/4 of the sheet.
Roll the pastry starting from the side that has the ingredients.

Using a knife, cut slices and lay them on baking sheets.

Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned.
Mozzarella - bacon pinwheels

You can also make sweet pinwheels using jam and fruits, you can use anything that fits your taste!

Have a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I thank you for using the puff pastry!!!! I can't thank you enough since I can only bake with puff pastries so far. =P This is great! I never thought of using it to make something like this besides my simple apple pies. I love this recipe and am going to try when I'm back from vacation! Bookmarking now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making pinwheels! You can get so creative with the fillings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great, Eri. I'm getting ready for a big party next weekend and will be making these - easy and delicious.
    Enjoy the weekend - hoping for snow myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love puff pastry and always have some in my freezer! To me it's like having magic in the freezer! These look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...sounds amazingly tasty..
    just found your space...lovely space you have...nice presentation with impressive cliks..
    Am your happy follower now..:)
    do stop by mine sometime..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eri,I l-o-v-e your pinwheels!!What a great idea for the holiday table! You just reminded me how much I love puff pastry..haha..Have a great week,XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like one heck of a tasty treat.

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pin wheels look amazing and I cannot wait to try this recipe out! Just love puff pastry, makes life so easy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis